What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sweet home (Chat)

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) I want to start a thread were people can post pics, info, or just brag about there cities that they live in, and please try avoiding debates about your city being better than someone else's,

What are some good Restaurants in your area that you like to eat at?

Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll start this this thread of, I'm from Fort Worth, Texas which is the 16th biggest city from population in the USA (We are bigger than Miami, Seattle, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Las Vegas, etc.) and we are literally in Dallas' shadow because we are there neighboring city and Fort Worth is in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. I <3 Fort Worth because at night the cities' downtown an uptown come to life, and Fort Worth is known as one of the USA's cities that has "revived there city" and Fort Worth is in the top 10 best cities to live in (according to Forbes), and for a city with a population over 700,000 people we have an extremely low crime rate, and the city is predicted to reach a population over 1 million by 2030. Even though most people haven't heard of Fort Worth this place is great! We started off as a Fort then we had the Stockyards aka Cowtown, then we turned into a small town, and now we are a big city! Here's a pic(s) I took from the parking lot in Down town

image-1892649209.jpg

This is "Bass Hall" where there's plays and there's angels with golden trumpets

image-2561303682.jpg

I will try taking pics of Cowtown (use to be the downtown of the city but now it's a different section of the city)

image-4110843229.jpg

image-1819841864.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the low quality pictures, thats what I get for taking a picture from my iPod while being on the last floor of a parking lot lol

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess no one on IPF goes on vacations or they don't live in cities sheesh -.- lol

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. Just hang tough. I'm sure this one will get some traffic. Just give it time.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Powered Player said:
:) I want to start a thread were people can post pics, info, or just brag about there cities that they live in, and please try avoiding debates about your city being better than someone else's, Thank You!

Nice!!! Will do.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess no one on IPF goes on vacations or they don't live in cities sheesh -.- lol

You're getting skittish after 37 minutes of your original suggestion? Is your suggestion only confined to residents of the northern hemisphere? America?I suppose you have considered other countries in your post that may have time-zone differences?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I live in Seattle. We are the rain capital of the USA. We have a saying here; "we don't tan, we rust".

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In DFW the weather is crazy I've seen Snow, Hail, Tornadoes, lightening storms, sand storms, rain storms, Earthquakes, wild fires, droughts, flooding, etc. Lol ill blame all of it on Global Warming :/

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
You're getting skittish after 37 minutes of your original suggestion? Is your suggestion only confined to residents of the northern hemisphere? America?I suppose you have considered other countries in your post that may have time-zone differences?ddc28

Sorry I started a thread a while ago about exciting vacations, must have accidentally mention that on this thread, I usually get on IPF when it's night and I'm almost sleepy lol and this thread is meant for anyone no matter what country they are from :]

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I started a thread a while ago about exciting vacations, must have accidentally mention that on this thread, I usually get on IPF when it's night and I'm almost sleepy lol and this thread is meant for anyone no matter what country they are from :]

No worries, mate. Hope this thread of yours flies!
All the best, Andrew

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Nice!!! Will do.

I live in NYC Yankee Stadium Area in the Bronx here with my beloved Yorkie, Miles, who is barking at the passers by at my apt. Door now just got back on his little perch at the beloved (his) terrace window. I have not gone to see the new Yankee Stadium even though it is a short bus ride away. I don't remember visiting the old one, maybe several years ago when I didn't live in the area as a kid. The Bronx is no longer burning as Howard Coselle said back in the 1970s-1980s (can't remember, didn't remember it, just heard others repeat). I live in a newly built condo with lots of amenities and more coming. I am waiting for them to build an Apple Store in Harlem (Upper Manhattan) 125th Street, lots of gentrification there as well. I live very close to there and used to live in Harlem.

I grew up in the Bronx but a different area. I can look about of the back windows and see La Guardia airport (I think) and water... It's fuzzy, been a while. More info later, getting ready for work. If interested in more info its all online !!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The OB said:
You're getting skittish after 37 minutes of your original suggestion? Is your suggestion only confined to residents of the northern hemisphere? America?I suppose you have considered other countries in your post that may have time-zone differences?ddc28

We should just give people a chance to respond - they will when they are able to do so. Just keep the thread open indefinitely.

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The following pictures are not mine I just took a screen shoot from google images ( I know I'm really original lol) The first picture is Fort Worths main land mark which is a court, the city has been working on it for a super long time that I forgot when they actually started building the whole thing, and this year they've added a bell that rings every hour and you can hear it through all the city which is awesome

image-3376423262.jpg

And this picture is the Fort Worth Skyline ( which only has six skyscrapers, but Fort Worth has added a lot of new buildings and projects because of the population increase and I'm guessing more profits from Taxes

image-1756221319.jpg

Last is Fort Worth's new major project that's named The Trinity River Vision (TRV) which they will add new commercial and residential buildings, marinas, river walk, a new park which consist of tennis, basketball, volleyball, soccer ball, softball courts, Splash park, outside amphitheater that seats 3500 people, a place for canoeing, water skiing. The project will also add a Drive in Theater, and just like all cities have there main place for pedestrians (For example: NYC has Times Square) we have Sundance Square which is getting a major renovation which adds three new commercial Buildings, Water fountain in the middle, Modern Shading umbrellas, etc. the following pic is an Map view of the park

image-820782415.jpg

And this is some development beside park

image-3079029978.jpg

And Fort Worth is also adding new buildings in 7th street which is basically the newest part of the city (the image isn't updated but jus imagine more buildings in the background of it)

image-3168863028.jpg

And they will be replacing 7th streets bridge that connects it to downtown with a modern bridge

image-4188609436.jpg

This is a part of Sundance Square there's two sides and this is the Left side of what they will build the other building is being built on the opposite side

image-2320111483.jpg

image-828628736.jpg

^This is the major project of the city, all the white colored buildings are the new ones that are starting to be built part of the TRV

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts