What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hit home twice then eliminate all open apps

birdies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
K, I have tried to close the gazillion open apps on iPad and iPhone. Can't seem to do it. My iPad in particular gets squirrelly if I don't do this now and again. I did a hard restart. They are all still in the bottom waiting to be closed. There must be something new I have to do, bur I don't know what it is.

All help is appreciated

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
K, I have tried to close the gazillion open apps on iPad and iPhone. Can't seem to do it. My iPad in particular gets squirrelly if I don't do this now and again. I did a hard restart. They are all still in the bottom waiting to be closed. There must be something new I have to do, bur I don't know what it is. All help is appreciated
Depending on the software on your iPad, this is what you have to do:

iOS 6: after double tapping Home button, tap and hold one of the apps until they all start to wiggle, then delete them (x).
iOS 7: same procedure to reveal multitask bar, then drag thumbnails above app icons towards the top of the screen.

Last edited:

Most reactions