What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Already downloaded app 'loading...' again

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! I was kind of surprised to see an app again 'loading...' as I closed it.(Pressed home button to exit the app) I have restarted, resetted, reinstalled the app, checked the forums(no probs with anyone else)

Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might have got stuck during an automatic download. This is enabled, by default, in Settings > Tunes & App Store. The prerequisites are pretty much the same as for automatic iCloud backups; plugged in, wi-fi available, and iPad asleep.

Try tapping on the grayed out icon to see if you can get it to pause, then tap again to restart the download.

Alternately, visit the Updates tab in the App Store and see if you can start the download there.

Edit: Hmm, rereading your post, I'm no longer sure I understand what is going on. If I've failed, please add more details.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not quite certain either, but it does sound like an automatic update to me...in fact, I think I've had the same thing happen. It was fine after waiting for the update to finish.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Automatic update is switched off. My iPad was unplugged, so theres no chance of an iCloud backup.

Repeating what happened :

1. I was using an app. I exited the app by pressing the home button.

2. In front of my eyes, the app changed to 'loading...' and remained like that, didn't change.

3. My wifi connection was fine and I was able to do other things normally.

4. Just before this incident happened, I had updated the app.

5. I deleted it, amd reinstalled it again.

6. Same thing repeated.

Hope you can understand better now. I am again reinstalling the app. Will keep you updated.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I cannot probably open an app when it has not completed downloading.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I cannot probably open an app when it has not completed downloading.

I'm not 100% sure of that. It might be possible if a combination of things just happened to happen at the same time. The app was paused, but had not really started the download yet. You had the app open recently, and ti was still in RAM.

At that point the app might have simply opened from RAM where it was already loaded and ignored the actual app which was there, but not supposed to be available while it prepared to update.

I can't say that is what happened, but at least it is a story that sounds possible. Which might make you feel better. :)

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure of that. It might be possible if a combination of things just happened to happen at the same time. The app was paused, but had not really started the download yet. You had the app open recently, and ti was still in RAM.

At that point the app might have simply opened from RAM where it was already loaded and ignored the actual app which was there, but not supposed to be available while it prepared to update.

I can't say that is what happened, but at least it is a story that sounds possible. Which might make you feel better. :)

Thanks for the clarification. It was not a new app, and as I said, I had updated it, and when I opened the app,

1. It showed a 'downloading content' message which usually happens after an update.

2. Implemented the new features supposed to be with the update.

I think that narrows the chance for that being a 'fetch' from the RAM.

Most reactions

Latest posts