What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I'm new to the iPad and have a question regarding posting.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can enter text fine and post to the forum from where I am now, tapping the arrow pointing right, at the upper right of the screen and selecting new thread. When I try to enter text into the message field on the browser screen however, as you would when accessing a forum from a web browser on a PC it doesn't access the the message pane and the keyboard doesn't appear, it works in the other fields like the subject field but not the message one.

Anyone know why? It's not hampering my posting to the forum in any way, I was just curious as to why. I'm not new to forum posting on PC's but the Apple way is a little strange to me, on both iPad and iPod, what with the crazy way iTunes handles files and whatnot.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A number of other Forum members have had the same problem. There seems to be no clear answer as not all users (i.e. me!) experience this problem. But it does seem to affect a significant number of users and appears to be a browser (i.e Safari) problem. Other browsers seem unaffected.

Strangely, though, to get text to enter into the text box on the Forum web site using Safari, I have to tap the screen twice - the first time has no impact, the second time, up pops the keyboard!!

Tim
Scotland

OP
G

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Tim, glad to see I'm not totally nuts. If others are having the same problem then I'm not on my own. As I said it's no biggie just a nuisance at times. Although it's strange it affects some browsers and not others.

OP
G

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
What browser are using

Safari, col.bris, the one that came with the iPad. Although I've only really been using this forum from the IOS 4.3 update so I'm not sure if it's from the update or not.

Most reactions

Latest posts