What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi I'm a new member

Tigerfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might as well post a question. What is everyone doing about the problem with sites that require "flash". This is a real pain for me.
Thanks, Tigerfox

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
If you have an issue with flash and dont download a remote desktop app, or jailbreak to use "frash", the Ipad may not be for you. Maybe you want to look at returning it?

anyways, welcome to the forum, hope you can find ways around your flash addiction :D

OP
T

Tigerfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I don't have a need to use flash but a lot of the websites that use flash don't give you any choice. So what do you do?

BarkingGhost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cab someone elaborate on remote desktop apps? For instance, if I want to watch a Flash-based video on YouTube is there a remote desktop application that can make this happen?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, BarkingGhost, if you buy a remote desktop app (I use Jump and/or Splashtop) you will be able to view flash video on your iPad.

But not the way you think!

The remote app will allow you to connect to a computer (desktop or laptop; Mac or PC), which you can then use to run whatever you want (well, whatever you can normally run on that computer!).

It's a pretty neat way to get around the flash restrictions. Of course, your remote computer has to be on - but, there ain't no free lunch, is there?

Marilyn

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
HTML5 is on the rise. I fully expect within the year for most sites to use HTML5 and for Flash to start taking a back seat except for flash based games.

Most reactions

Latest posts