What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, from Sweden

Zorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to say hi :)
Been lurking the forum for some time now and I am close to getting my iPad now so I thought this would be a good time to register.

The pad is being delivered to a friend in US. Does she personally have to sign for the delivery or can anyone in her household sign for it? If not what happens to the package if she is not there to sign? I was wondering coz she indicated she will be away at may 7th... :/

so again hi and thanks for any answers to my question :)

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as somebody in the house signs it, it should be fine.
Do yourself a favour and put a few more dollars on the int'l shipping to get it faster.
FedEx or UPS will handle all custom issues for you. USPS don't. And then you might have to pick it up at the next customs office.....big waste of time and you still have to pay VAT etc.

Besides of that - welcome from Cologne, Germany. I have my iPad since about two weeks now and love it.

OP
Z

Zorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was planing on the USPS GXG service and insurance. Should get the device to me in 2 days or so. The custom services in Sweden are a bit random on iPads some class them as laptops and then there is no customs fee. Others class them as other electronics and then there is a 14% fee. That and the tax I should get billed on a few days after arrival.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to EU iPads are tax free, but VAT has to be paid on import. Good luck then. You will love the new toy. And plan at least $100 for the iTunes store. ;)

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from the country of Texas! - lol

Lurking in the forums is time well spent my friend. Glad you are here.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!:)

OP
Z

Zorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as somebody in the house signs it, it should be fine.
Do yourself a favour and put a few more dollars on the int'l shipping to get it faster.
FedEx or UPS will handle all custom issues for you. USPS don't. And then you might have to pick it up at the next customs office.....big waste of time and you still have to pay VAT etc.

Besides of that - welcome from Cologne, Germany. I have my iPad since about two weeks now and love it.

FedEx did handle it for me... They now have my iPad and wants advance payment. DOH! USPS would have sent it to me and added a bill. I'll call FedEx tomorrow and ask if I can pay with CC and get the package asap :)

Most reactions

Latest posts