What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!!!

kirsty1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to copy 8 apps (large ones) which belong to our company only to 40 ipads. I wanted to check if there is a computer application available or any other way to quickly copy them on all 40 ipads rather than downloading them on all 40 over wifi.

Please help.

Thanks

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe there is a configuration tool available for Mac OSX that deals with bulk iOS device configuration. It's in the Mac App Store, and is free if I recall.

Yes, wireless sync could be painful for large chunky apps!

OP
K

kirsty1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I dont have a MAC machine. I only have IBM (Windows 7) laptops. Any windows application through which I could achieve this?

Thanks

I believe there is a configuration tool available for Mac OSX that deals with bulk iOS device configuration. It's in the Mac App Store, and is free if I recall.

Yes, wireless sync could be painful for large chunky apps!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kirsty1975 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I dont have a MAC machine. I only have IBM (Windows 7) laptops. Any windows application through which I could achieve this?

Thanks

Apple have only produced the configuration tool for Mac OSX.

Are the iPads already getting synced and backed by via iTunes? They could be configured to update via iTunes either cabled or wireless. Download the apps once to iTunes PC, then update each iPad one at a time.

OP
K

kirsty1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately the apps are not synching with itunes, could be as they are not bought from App Store.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kirsty1975 said:
Unfortunately the apps are not synching with itunes, could be as they are not bought from App Store.

Are the iPads jail broken? If not, the only place apps can come from is the App Store. Where are the apps right now, and what are their file extensions?

Unless hey were made specifically for the company, therefore they should have a deployment method in place already. If that is the case, someone can talk about enterprise deployment.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kirsty1975 said:

Thanks

The iPhone configuration tool for Windows can do it. If these are custom designed apps, you'll need the deployment profile from the developer account to actually deploy them however.

azertyx02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear kirsty,
Having read your post and consider the problem, I think i may be able to help you... There is a simple solution to your probleme.
The use of an ALC ray would help you copy the applications on your forty ipads in no time....
With hope it will help you...
A02

ps: If need I will provide information on how to use the ALC ray.

Most reactions

Latest posts