1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by JodiJ, Jan 22, 2012.

1. JodiJ

JodiJ iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good Evening!

Okay, so i have an ipad2 5.0.1 so why is it so slow to watch you tube and other streamlined videos? Can this be fixed? I already reset everything. Any help is participated . Thank you, JJ
  2. Greygoose_ipad

Greygoose_ipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is no fix. You may want to turn off qos on your router, but other than that, you have found one of the few bugs apple has been unable to fix.

Many have reported slow speeds on wireless. Some have fixed it by turning off qos on their router. The rest of us have just had to deal with it.

Greygoose
  3. JodiJ

JodiJ iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, it's not my wireless so what options can I use on my iPad alone?
  4. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    You should first of all check your Internet Connection Speed on a web service like speedtest.
    If the result is fine - if there are too many users on the same, shared "line" while you try to watch streamed video it's getting slow for everyone - then it might also be the server's problem, too many users watching the same video at the same time or it is such a rare video which noone else has been watching for the last years...
    I do have the problem regularly in the hotels I stay at in China - (no youtube, as it is banned) due to slow Internet connections - and I just pause the video until it has been buffered enough time...