1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

help with hdmi ?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by gritts, Jul 16, 2011.

1. gritts

gritts iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi,ive got the original apple av cable for my ipad 1 that works with tv out & was wondering if the new av cable with hdmi plug in will make much of an improvement picture wise ? the av cable at the moment is a good picture but will the hdmi plug in be better ?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Perhaps another Member can confirm, but I thought the HDMI cable was only supported by the iPad2.

Tim
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Naw, you can use the HDMI cable with the iPad1, as long as you are running iOS 4.3.x.

I can't answer the question about clarity (cause I only have the HDMI cable - got nothing to compare). But, wouldn't it sound logical to say that HDMI would be more clear than av cable ... as a general rule?

That's a guess, but maybe some other "cable" person would know that answer...

Marilyn