What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Uploading Pngs

catarific

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason, when I try and upload pngs from my iPad, when they go to either 4 shared or Photobucket, they are saved as jpgs. But, if I email these files to my computer, and save them, they are saved as pngs and when I upload from my computer they are pngs. But again, if I try and send these same files directly from my Ipad, the pngs are saved as jpgs (meaning they are flattened with no layers). Is there something I can do or a setting to change for this to work?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's not the iPad itself. Photos is perfectly willing to store send .png attachments, as you've noticed with Mail.

It depends on the sending app and service, and how they interact.

Check the app you are using to see if it has options. Check the settings at the receiving site to see if it has options specific to mobile devices. And talk to the app and site support people.

Since I don't use Photobucket, that's all I can offer.

Most reactions

Latest posts