What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! trying to view and edit files on work server

lynnfluffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. Could someone please help? I have established a vpn connection to my work server but now want to view and edit files on a shared drive. I have tried an app called Netportal lite but cannot establish a connection.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if you have a computer at the company you can access your company computer via the iPad with the app WinAdmin.
The VPN would be setup in the iPad settings.

I used WinAdmin to connect to my work computer via VPN. There are things that just cannot be done directly on the iPad alone, remotely logging into the computer solves that problem.

If you want to just edit files on a network share there are apps like FileBrower that let you access network shares and open or download any of the files. I don't think this particular program lets you upload updated files to the network shares. You would have to search for an app that does do that if thats what you need.

Last edited:

dsipp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use FileBrowser to get to all of our Windows based files shares. Works well, easy to use

islandboy78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DSIPP, Can you create a folder, and create a file to the server? I am looking for a product that can not only let me browse, but edit documents on the go and then copy it back up to the share. I can't seem to find one that will allow me to do that. I have FB, and I can browse. I can even open it in document to go. However, I can't seem to create a document and copy it back up to the server using FileBrowser.

Most reactions

Latest posts