1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help!! Stuck in lockscreen loop Ipad1 5.1 redsn0w JB

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by smogt3ch, Apr 12, 2012.

1. smogt3ch

smogt3ch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So it all worked great, tethered didnt bother me, but spaced on the backups and ssh. Now something is causing a respring at the lock screen every 4 seconds or so. I can go to recovery mode and re-JB, but it stays the same, and if I try to restore with itunes I get either an error 2003 or 2005 and it aborts the restore. Is there anyway to erase the cydia apps, or force a restore? My wife is gonna be pissed if I screwed up her ipad. Any help is appreciated.
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    Do you have intelliscreenX installed? If you have anything which messes with the lock screen you MUST ensure you reboot tethered every time. That's not the same a re-jailbreaking which WONT work. If you don't you will get a respring loop.

redsn0w > Extras > Just boot.

And don't panic. You cant mess up the iPad. It can always be recovered.

If it is still respringing when you are sure you did a tethered boot (i.e. you saw the pineapple logo when it booted) then let us know.
  3. smogt3ch

smogt3ch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep...still stuck. I can do just boot, it loads kernel, i can get the pineapple, then back to the loop. I have tried restoring, but I still get a code 2003.
  4. smogt3ch

smogt3ch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nevermind. Next time i wont get my stock usb 30 pin and my cheap one mixed up. Makes all the difference in the world...