What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, Pages won't turn, orientation takes ages

gjh0702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am hoping this forum can help me- been using Ibook on iPad 2 for about six months, last month - problems started- very slow to 'populate' Books onto shelves when first starting then been getting 'harder' to turn pages- very slow as if they 'stuck together'
Also if turning from Portrait to Landscape takes ages.
Went to Apple store today firstly they reloaded all software- still doing it, then they gave me a new iPad - still doing it !!!
Apple store say never seen this so I need to log via support page which I have done but no reply.

Please anybody know how to fix- it looks as if i have a 'bug' in all the books I have ( already reinstalled them all)
Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ghj...I do not experience this issue when viewing my iBooks. It does take a second for the shelf to load and perhaps this is depends on how much it has to load.

Anyhow, I am sure that you have tried this or have been given this advice by Apple support...but, if not may be worth a try. Whenever an app goes haywire its good to try to force it to stop. You can do this by hitting the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question until it jiggles, press the red circle with the negative sign. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off. Third is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

However, since you are experiencing this on your newly replaced iPad...I am wondering if you have a rogue book that is causing things to slow down. Just a thought if the above does not address the issues. Good luck!!

Davidcola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. I don't want to reload the app because i've made a lot of notes in my books. Is there any way to fix the problem without starting from scratch?

Most reactions

Latest posts