What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help, just bought IPAD 2 and I want to create a simple spreadsheet

jready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no clue what I am doing. I lived with Excel it has been my life... now I have this IPAD2 and tried to buy an app but to me it was blah blah blah with codes and stuff.

Is there an app out there that a dummie can use to just create columns with numbers and be able to total them?

All I am doing on IPAD2 is playing games... not my intention for this device!

I

Dungeondan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app called "quickoffice Pro" that is almost Windows Office. Its not hard to figure out so take a look at it. I believe there is a lite version thats free to try, check the iTunes App store. Also there is an app called "Numbers" that seems to have great reviews although I have not used it myself, at least not yet.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is an app called "quickoffice Pro" that is almost Windows Office. Its not hard to figure out so take a look at it. I believe there is a lite version thats free to try, check the iTunes App store. Also there is an app called "Numbers" that seems to have great reviews although I have not used it myself, at least not yet.

Ive been using QuickOfficePro HD and the spreadsheet is the best part of the app. Definitely worth looking at. The Apple version called Numbers also gets good reviews. I felt OfficePro was a better complete package. Check them out and see what works for you.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you're already familiar with Excel, the shortest learning curve is probably Documents to Go or QuickOffice Pro HD. Numbers is an Apple product and amounts to a de-featured version of the same application available on the Mac. And as noted above, the link to another discussion on this board identifies the strengths and weaknesses of each product.

Minion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also use QuickOffice for Word and PowerPoint documents,so it offers more functionalities. If you only need to work on simple spreadsheets, it will suffice.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also use QuickOffice for Word and PowerPoint documents,so it offers more functionalities. If you only need to work on simple spreadsheets, it will suffice.

Right - you get the whole Office Package with QuickOfficePro HD. And, the spreadsheet is very slick!

Most reactions

Latest posts