What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! I don't want to see my X's pic every time I turn on my iPad!

UkeLady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have to communicate with my ex and we both have iPads. I guess I really don't FaceTime anyone but my ex so now with this latest upgrade I get a blue page of Siri suggestions. The first one is people that you might contact and there is my exes face! I can't figure out anyway to delete this. I don't need this fancy blue page at all, and if I have to see his face every time I open up my iPad it's just going to put me in a bad mood all the time! Is there some way I can at least change the picture and the name all know who it is but at least I won't have to see his face. I know this sounds really stupid but this is really driving me nuts. If anyone could help me I will be grateful.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Siri suggestions gets the pictures from the Contacts app.
If you haven't tried that, access the app, go to his information, select "Edit" and remove the photo for this contact, or add a different one.

Hope that helps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to your your Contacts app, find his contact, Choose edit, and delete the picture you find there. That is where the picture comes from in almost all the native apple apps that use contact information.

Make sure you've got Contacts turned off in Settings > FaceBook, or it may just pull a picture from FaceBook to replace the one in Contacts. You'll lose automatic import and updating of contacts from FaceBook if you do this. Me, I consider that a good thing.

You can also go to Settings > General > Siri and turn off Siri Suggestions; however this will eliminate all the suggestions you see on the search page, not just the contacts.

If it's just about doing a search without seeing his face, you can choose to use the pull down search instead of the one you get by going tot he leftmost home screen. The only suggestions you get there are your frequently used apps. To get this search just swipe down (in the middle of the screen) from any home screen.

Or if you are talking about the contact suggestions you see in FaceTime itself, you can remove those from the list by choosing Edit, selecting, and deleting them. Of course they will come right back if you call those people again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could delete him from your contact list. That would stop his contact photo and info from appearing. You could also go into your contact list and tap on his name. Once the contact info is displayed you can tap the edit button at the top right, then tap the edit button that appears underneath his contact photo. This will allow you to replace the existing photo with a photo of your choice or nothing at all. You can also edit the name as well by tapping just to the right of the name and using the backspace button on the keyboard to delete the name. You can then add any name you want.

OP
U

UkeLady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much all of you. You're awesome. I changed his name to Insignificant other then made his picture a pretty rainbow! That works!

I will be back because I have multiple issues with my iPads that I'm sure are just user error, or user ignorance probably. I am what you call technically challenged!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're here to help with any questions or problems you may have. I'm glad you got your contact issue straightened out.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you so much all of you. You're awesome. I changed his name to Insignificant other then made his picture a pretty rainbow! That works!

I will be back because I have multiple issues with my iPads that I'm sure are just user error, or user ignorance probably. I am what you call technically challenged!

Hi UkeLady - LOL! :) about your comment above - welcome to the forum - there are plenty of great people here to help so just jump in w/ your questions or some answers to help others. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts