What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

coptertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum.

I am currently located in Tikrit Iraq on a military installation. I have several apple products that I love to use everyday. I have the ipod classic 160gb, the itouch 8gb, and now the ipad gen 1.

I need some help.

I connected my new ipad to my computer and it says that my ipad cant be used. This will not allow me to sync the ipad to my computer and it worked just fine yesterday.

Any help would be great!

Thank you so much!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum.

I am currently located in Tikrit Iraq on a military installation. I have several apple products that I love to use everyday. I have the ipod classic 160gb, the itouch 8gb, and now the ipad gen 1.

I need some help.

I connected my new ipad to my computer and it says that my ipad cant be used. This will not allow me to sync the ipad to my computer and it worked just fine yesterday.

Any help would be great!

Thank you so much!

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I saw your problem about connecting the iPad to your computer. Are you trying to sync it to the same computer that you used yesterday? If so, a complete power down of the iPad is an easy first attempt at solving the problem. It seems to fix about 80% of unexplained problems - a bit like restarting your PC. So you need to hold the Power button down until the slider control appears on the screen and then slide it to accept the offer to switch off. Once the screen has gone completely blank press and hold the Power switch again until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad will power up. Then see if the problem persists. If it does, get back to us and we'll suggest some more possibilities...

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions