What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from the Chicago metro area

Pit bull puppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello from the Chicago metro area. Just saved my iPad 2 from the garbage dump. My neighbor didn't understand the concept of software updates so he bought a new iPad Air and was going to throw the iPad 2 in the garbage since it was running iOS 4.3 and he said it couldn't run any of the newer apps and safari was crashing. Told him I would take it. Took it home, plugged it into my Mac mini and set it up as a new iPad running iOS 9.3.1. Was surprised it is an iPad 2... He said it was the original iPad. It is now running iOS 9.3.1 like a charm and seems to have awesome battery life. Kinda came at the perfect time since my android tablet battery life is getting very low and I always wanted an iPad since I have a Mac mini for my desktop and a MacBook for my laptop. Now all I need to do is get an iPhone and I will have completely converted to Apple products. Apple rocks, they have the best products period, no one else comes close!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Pit bull........ - great story - I'm about to purchase an iPhone SE, but maybe I should become a 'dumpster diver' - ;) Dave

111224-dumpster_diver.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts