What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello and How do I show HTML pages on the iPad?

OP
JimmyHill

JimmyHill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
If you want to use those saved HTML file to do some sort of presentation, I would simply make snapshots of them using the built in screen capture. Pressing home button and sleep button at the same time will take a snapshot of whatever is displayed on your iPad and save those in your album photo.

The benefit of doing so are:

1 - you make sure that nothing will go wrong while showing results to your customers
2 - if there is a playing video or any special html5 effects, you will have the result offline anyway
3 - using the images, you could create a presentation power point style... See app EasyShow
4 - the images can be reused over and over again
5 - you can insert annotation, highlights on you images

On the down side...

1 - no scrolling available or navigation
2 - takes a bit more space... Does that really matter?

I'm a big fan of Murphy's Law, and when it comes to customer presentation, experience showed me that the less interactive, the better ;)

My 2 cents!

VicoPad addict!

All good points, DrHouse... You've convinced me! Thanks.

rjbradlow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it's an Old thread but...

I had to chime back in here as i've discovered new software that I've been using since my original replies here and I highly recommend it for any web devs or casual tinkerers.
Textastic allows you to test the pages you are working on within the app short of any Server Side scripting of course. It also supports ftp/sftp.

It's also available for the Mac as well.
Look for Textastic in the App store... iOS & Mac
Textastic - Text, Code and Markup Editor with Syntax Highlighting - FTP, SFTP, Dropbox - for iPad

Reviews:
Textastic: The iOS Code Editor to Beat, Now on the Mac | Mac.AppStormTextastic Rivals the Amazing Plain Text Code Editor TextMate for a Tiny Fraction of the Price
Textastic Code Editor | Productivity software | Macworld

iTunes preview:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textastic-code-editor/id383577124?mt=8

Most reactions

Latest posts