What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hay Day Reunited

Crazydiamonds

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So... here’s a big question for all of you. How are your neighborhoods going????

I’m in a hood now with great people, but it is small and maybe only 3-4/week actively playing derby. (It’s a very derby oriented hood, with the ones opted in completing all 320s or 400s each week.). I’m ambivalent, because I’d love a slightly larger more active hood, but we’re also a bit “gun shy” due to playing with some CRAZY people along the way. I’ve been debating whether a merge with another hood would work well, if we had similar playing strategies. Have any of you considered something like that??

I’ve just been curious how the hoods are going for all of you.

Have a great day!
Karine

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So... here’s a big question for all of you. How are your neighborhoods going????

I’m in a hood now with great people, but it is small and maybe only 3-4/week actively playing derby. (It’s a very derby oriented hood, with the ones opted in completing all 320s or 400s each week.). I’m ambivalent, because I’d love a slightly larger more active hood, but we’re also a bit “gun shy” due to playing with some CRAZY people along the way. I’ve been debating whether a merge with another hood would work well, if we had similar playing strategies. Have any of you considered something like that??

Have a great day!
Karine

Hi Karine, we had a very active neighbourhood but people got bored with the game after a while. Currently there are 6 very active players who do the Derby each week. We aim to get the 9 horseshoe prizes each week ( 12 prizes on a bingo week). We don't worry about the prizes for coming first, second or third as the prizes are not worth the extra effort, in our opinion.
Tasks under 250 points are trashed. In reality we do tend to go for tasks over 300. Some people like to do 10 tasks as they love doing the tasks. I rarely do the extra task as I don't buy diamonds with real money but I know a lot of people who do buy them.
We ask people to opt out on a week where they don't think that they can contribute 1000 points in a week. This takes the pressure off when life gets too busy on those occasional weeks when we don't have time to finish a task in time.
We have tried many ways to attract new members but it has become more difficult. A year ago I placed an advert for new members on the Hayday forum and had 2 new low level players. We helped them a lot but they moved on after 6 months as they wanted to chat 24/7 and our current neighbourhood members all work and/or have children.
We had an anyone can join policy but we had new players join for a few weeks who received lots of help from us but gave nothing in return and only asked for things rather than contributing to chat or crates. So we are now trying request to join. I wish we could send invites to any game friend rather than just GC or Facebook friends.
Hope this helps.

andreangentry

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I play derby with 2 other people and we play to win, everyone finishes in less than 24 hours! we prestack our machines the day before, gather townies, and someone watches the board deleting every 30 minutes. We only do the “fast” tasks, which are boats, trucks, town, and production usually. Derby started Tuesday, and I finished right when I woke up on Wednesday

andreangentry

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My derby log this week

Attachments

• DE4FF0CB-660A-4770-A55B-36378C1EDFE7.png
    DE4FF0CB-660A-4770-A55B-36378C1EDFE7.png
    840.3 KB · Views: 393
  • A41A53B3-3E57-407A-9100-C4DB7B7BF329.png
    A41A53B3-3E57-407A-9100-C4DB7B7BF329.png
    870.6 KB · Views: 378

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I play derby with 2 other people and we play to win, everyone finishes in less than 24 hours! we prestack our machines the day before, gather townies, and someone watches the board deleting every 30 minutes. We only do the “fast” tasks, which are boats, trucks, town, and production usually. Derby started Tuesday, and I finished right when I woke up on Wednesday

Well done Andrea! That is very impressive. I am pleased to see that all your efforts focus on 24 hours so that you are not working hard all week. Unfortunately it wouldn't work for me as I can only give the odd hour each day to the game

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Have a great day!
Karine

Hi Karine, this is a bit of a loaded question! We also had someone in our old hood who started out ok then turned bat s**t crazy! I think some people get way too competitive with the derby and they forget how to behave.

So a couple of us left and started another hood. I must admit, I’m enjoying playing in a smaller hood now, where there is no competition for tasks and everyone is very relaxed. There are five of us in our hood and six farms. It’s lovely, it works so well!

We usually do 320/400 tasks, depending on the derby, and I think we trash tasks below 310, or thereabouts. If someone can’t wait around for a full point task, no one minds if they do a lower point one. This doesn’t actually happen very often though. I found that when you do place in the first three, the prizes are so underwhelming, that it doesn’t really motivate me to bust a gut to place in the top three. My reason for playing HD is largely to relax and for the wonderful company, so if it isn’t fun, what’s the point?!

Last edited:

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Andrea how do you decide which machines to stack? I’ve tried that in previous derbies and always got it wrong.

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Andrea how do you decide which machines to stack? I’ve tried that in previous derbies and always got it wrong.

Hi, I don't know how Anthea plans it but sometimes there is a notification telling which are likely to be the special items for that Derby. If so I stack up with those items. Otherwise I tend to go for white sweaters, tomato juice, toffee, blackberry muffins, pumpkin pies and chilli popcorn on the off chance that these will turn up. I usually find one or two tasks asking for these.

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I don't know how Anthea plans it but sometimes there is a notification telling which are likely to be the special items for that Derby. If so I stack up with those items. Otherwise I tend to go for white sweaters, tomato juice, toffee, blackberry muffins, pumpkin pies and chilli popcorn on the off chance that these will turn up. I usually find one or two tasks asking for these.
Thanks Jo. Many of the basket tasks seem to repeat as well. I remember for one derby. Loading up machines in advance and I got them all wrong!

OP
xmandax

xmandax

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Hay Day :)

Ok I believe it's Hay Day's birthday today (or soon) and usually we get an update to celebrate.
What would you like to see in the update?

Smile2082

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hiiiii
wow, what a blast from the past! thank you Amanda for the email message.

how are you all??

I hardly play Hay Day now. Found it took too much time and my neighbourhood got too quiet.

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Hay Day :)

Ok I believe it's Hay Day's birthday today (or soon) and usually we get an update to celebrate.
What would you like to see in the update?

They started posting sneak peaks on the things coming. I’m guessing it comes after the derby is over. So far I haven’t seen much to get me going but I play for relaxation and fun so it doesn’t matter. Some of the recent changes have been fantastic in my mind, so I’m okay with whatever they do. Some news crops might be cool....or if that wretched Tom took shorter breaks! Lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts