What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have deleated some pages from ipad notes by accident

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are my pages gone forever.
Cannot sync with computer and iTunes as I am overseas at present.
Any ideas.
Give me the good and the bad news!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They are gone, unless you had them on the iPad the last time you synced. If so you may be able to recover them when you can sync again, but it would require a restore from backup which might erase stuff you'd rather keep.

May I recommend Evernote as a way to avoid future mishaps. It's free (for a basic account). It also comes with an email address you can use to forward your existing notes to their new home.

Of course that won't protect you from deliberate deletions. They do have a premium paid for service that will give you access to prior copies of notes (note history) which would do the same thing. Might be worth it if you're a professional that depends on reliable and accessible notes.

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks,
Will just let them go.
It's a lesson learned.
Is there a wipe off expiry time or date on the notes .Or did I just press the wrong button.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - just a wild thought.......

Go to Notes....

Top left hand corner, press 'Accounts'...

Have a look in your other accounts to see if your notes are there......

I'm keeping my fingers crossed......

Tim

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim no luck this time .
Worth a try.
It was all part of the great PDF save.
Had written notes in point form to avoid going back and forth to different threads.
All got lost in the wash
Lost all my codes,account numbers,passwords etc
Have down loaded a keeper with lock .
Just trying to remember all the info.
Thanks again
J

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you lost a single note or multiple notes? A single note I can sort of understand how you might just possibly accidentally delete it - though, even if you hit the delete (trash can) icon you are asked to confirm it, but I find it difficult to understand how you could accidentally delete multiple sets of notes.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thought - do you have gmail or MobileMe? Have you checked the option there to automatically sync you Notes?

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar'.

Now look under the 'Accounts' tab at your email account(s).

Under each account it will tell you what is being synch'd automatically.

Do any of your accounts have 'Notes' written underneath them?

1. If you had Gmail synchronization in place, open your gmail account from your PC, and look for a "Notes" label among your email labels. It can be that your notes are there. If so, save them. Then go back to your ipad and reactivate gmail notes synchronization tapping Settings/Mail,Contacts,Calendar/your Gmail account/">"

Tim

Last edited:
OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have lost 3-4pages at least all do re very early on and singular topics.
Will check out the gmail option.
Out internet in very complicated as we access 4 different email accounts from Australia to here ( Vanuatu)

librarydoggies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done the same by at a conference, accidentally getting 'select all' and then going on typing.
I know there is no back up here. Next time I will email regularly when possible.
Is there a way to save/backup with Pages on an iPad1?

I don't have a gmail account to follow that path. I do have an 'me' account / icloud.

Thanks from a newbie.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Short of copy and pasting to Pages, you can't use it to backup. iCloud will backup your notes, but it won't save you from mistakes, since it will back those up too.

Depending on the account's note syncing wont work. They show up in a special email folder on the server, but like the backups it will also copy your mistakes. You could occasionally make copies of them there and use that as a backup, I suppose.

You could email your important notes to yourself (Notes has an email icon at the bottom), and keep a special folder in Mail for them. You'd have to copy and paste them back if you lose them, but it would offer a running series of changes. You'll also have to them manually to keep them from clogging your inbox; or if you set up rules on the server you might be able to use a standard title to automatically file them. Depends on what server you have.

My recommendation is to get a free Evernote account and apps for all your devices/computers. While it does not have the much desired undo function that would save you from your described problem, it does allow you to cancel the entire editing session of a note; assuming it's not a new note you can at least go back to the previous version.

Both the Windows and Mac version allow you to archive notes, which can server as a backup.

Even if you decide to go on using Notes for your basic note taking, Evernote comes with an email address that you can send those important notes to, giving you a backup of them on Evernote. But I'm guessing that once you see how much more Evernote will do for you, you'll be using it from now on.

Most reactions

Latest posts