What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

has anyone tried the HDMI connector with Displayout??

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
720p in movies,etc. sorry about TVOut2 mix up.
Better than the 480p with component cables.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pleased to report that Displayout DOES work with the new hdmi adaptor, and it's awesome! angry birds looks so good and safari is excellent!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
I'm pleased to report that Displayout DOES work with the new hdmi adaptor, and it's awesome! angry birds looks so good and safari is excellent!

Great news to hear. I'm definitely staying on 4.2.1 with my current jailbreak and display out. Once I get my new ledmor plasma tv/monitor, I will get the hdmi cable. I knew it would work ;-) with jailbreak, anything is possible..lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The funniest thing is when I brought it, the guy said 'you know mirroring won't work on the iPad 1 right?' ergh yes mate. Lol

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
The funniest thing is when I brought it, the guy said 'you know mirroring won't work on the iPad 1 right?' ergh yes mate. Lol

I be laughing when they make comments like that not knowing that jail breaking allows u to do all of these things. Lmao

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People were saying it maybe the processor, couldn't handle the hd, but it must be able to as it shows hd vids, tbh it's a lot faster than the component which I found unusual!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
People were saying it maybe the processor, couldn't handle the hd, but it must be able to as it shows hd vids, tbh it's a lot faster than the component which I found unusual!

Some people don't know what they be talking about...lol. With a little research and persistence, answers and workarounds can be found for just about anything. Lol. Tunic again for posting up that it works. I know as soon as I get a new HD tv, I will be getting the hdmi adapter now that I know mirroring WILL work with iPad jail broken and display out.
Are you still on 4.2.1, jail broken?

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea 4.2.1 I won't be going over to 4.3/4.3.1 until there's a tethered jb!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:

Good idea, u mean untethered, right? Lol. Tethered jb sux!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:

Good idea, u mean untethered, right? Lol. Tethered jb sux!

Only if you turn off your iPad, right? I mean, who really does that? I don't remember the last time I turned off my iPad.

Or ~

Am I just not gettin it?:eek:

Yes you get it...
Just some apps in cydia require a full reboot of the ipad and you really don't know until you install the app.

muttleyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi - what about audio over HDMI when using DisplayOut / TVOut 2 fro things like games?

thanks

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I be laughing when they make comments like that not knowing that jail breaking allows u to do all of these things. Lmao

iPad 1 DOES mirror apps via the HDMI adapter. WITHOUT jailbreaking. Only the apps that have be coded to do so, of course. I have a working list thread mentioned earlier in this discussion. More to come on that list.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
muttleyuk said:
Hi - what about audio over HDMI when using DisplayOut / TVOut 2 fro things like games?

thanks

Audio over hdmi works beautifully!

Most reactions

Latest posts