What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

has anyone tried the HDMI connector with Displayout??

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to london tommorow so will try to pick up one but I'm guessing they will be sold out, just wondered if anyone has tried this on the ipad 1st gen?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the device,no ipad2 and havnt tried it one my iPad 1.my understanding is that it will not work.you will need the component out model which only works with certain apps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just "marking" my spot for answers to this question, cause I'd like to know also. I am running a jailbroken iPad1, with iOS 4.2.1 and I have DisplayOut. To make my life easier (and avoid my "girly" confusion about cords and things :D), I'd like to get this HDMI cable 'cause then all I'd have to do is plug it in to my HDTV.

So, Dr. Gee, you are saying this new HDMI cable will not work with a jailbroken iPad1 running DisplayOut?

Thanks to addiosamigo for posting what I was just going to...

Marilyn

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
man-scratching-head.jpg

So its not just me who is confused!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The HDMI cable works with iPad 1. The only part not working is the mirroring feature, but since that is done by Displayout, the cable should work just fine.
is that official then...? I would like to know before spending 50bones on the hdmi adapter.
Picked up a 25ft hdmi cable on amazon for under 10$. Actually picked up 2.

According to Mtnmedic in this thread:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...display-apps-first-gen-ipad-no-jailbreak.html

It will work natively with some apps on the ipad1....but I guess if you want it to work for all apps then displayout is the way to go....apparently.

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works great with my ipad1 4.2.1 jailbreak. Total Mirroring!! with TV2out.
Just got it Yesterday.

bdaved

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HDMI connector

I just received my HDMI connector and it works on my iPad1, iOS4.3(no jailbreak). It only works for those programs that specifically allow for Video out but on those it does work. I watched the movie "Avatar" on my 28" Monitor and video and audio came thru fine. I was a little bummed that it did not output HD video but maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, word of warning, displayout wont install from Cydia on 4.3 yet due to an os version dependency check.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got it Yesterday.

Great to hear! Can I assume TV2out is, essentially, the same as DisplayOut (for this purpose)?

One question, because hardware tends to make me break out in hives (I'm not scared by computers/software - but hand me a cable or a remote ... eeeeek! :D):

What kind of cable did you get to hook it up to your TV?

It's just that I'm so confused looking at all the cable selections on the Apple web site...

Thanks.

Marilyn

Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
What kind of cable did you get to hook it up to your TV?

It's just that I'm so confused looking at all the cable selections on the Apple web site...

Thanks.

Marilyn

What cable you need really depends on the type of TV you have.

For example, I just use the HDMI cable, but that only works if your display has an HDMI input.

Ideally you would take a look at the back of your TV to see what inputs it have, or perhaps post a picture of the inputs here. Anyway, most TV's should come with a Component Input, so this cable should work:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC917ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MjE1MDI5NDM

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carnut said:
Just got it Yesterday.

What's the quality like??

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my hdmi adaptor, had to hold my own against the protesters! Lol I'll try it tomorrow and report back. So tempted to buy the iPad 2...

Most reactions

Latest posts