What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard drive crash, all data lost, restoring iPad?

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey all,

I need to restore my iPad and iPhone after a hard drive crash. The thing is, it was a fairly new build of Window7 Pro, so I hadn't backed anything up yet. Am I totally screwed? Or can my two i devices somehow be restored from what is currently on the devices?

I'm thinking I'm screwed, and need to first remember all the apps I paid for, and download them again. Is there a list of what I have bought somewhere on iTunes?

Any help would be great.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, iTunes will know the apps you've purchased and when you download them will allow you to do so without charging you again.

Everything on your iPad and iPhone will remain intact, so when you reinstall Win 7 and iTunes just make sure you don't ask for restore. Signing onto your iTunes account sets up the necessary associations.

I'm sure you'll be okay.

Hal

Most reactions

Latest posts