What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hacking into an iPad?

Craigatcsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How easy is it to hack into my iPad 1?

Can our IT Guy sit in our office and hack into my iPad while I am at work and it is on our company network?

How about when it is sleeping in my drawer, but still pinging for email?

Can he retrieve passwords that I have set to auto login on my iPad?

Can he retrieve my browsing history from my iPad such as where I browse when not at work?

I thought that the iPad was sooo secure that I didn't have to worry about viruses and/or hackers.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I seriously doubt this can be done on an unjailbroken iPad. He isn't going to hack your iPad, but he can monitor what you do on their network. If you surf the web at work on their network they can see every thing you do. They can see emails going through their systems. None of this means your iPad has been hacked. This can be done for any device.

Why are you going up against IT? Not a good plan to be on their radar.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On a stock iPad, no chance to do what you are asking.

He could get your browsing history if you surf using wifi at work though.

OP
C

Craigatcsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not going against the IT Guy, he is very friendly & helpful. I just used him as an example because he is good at what he does.

I was just curious more than anything. I heard a radio commercial lately about security when at McDonalds, a hospital, any open wifi spot.

I know that when browsing on some network the places I go can be monitored, I was just more curious about my history, files, passwords, pics, etc.. that I keep on my iPad.

Thanks for the replies.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad to hear that. Those IT folks have GOD-like powers if they chose.

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are 3 things you don't do:

1.You don't tug on Superman's cape
2.You don't spit into the wind and
3.You don't PO IT guys

Most reactions