What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Griffin Launches iOS Remote-Controlled Helicopter

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
Helo_TC.JPG

Griffin is well known for its accessories and cases for iOS devices already, but now the company is really branching out (or should that be blading out?) with the launch this week of a Griffin-branded remote-controlled iOS helicopter, called the Helo TC. The Helo TC works in conjunction with the Helo TC app, which turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a remote control for the helicopter, which will be available to buy in time for Christmas 2011, for Ă‚ÂŁ34.99 ($50 approx). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To operate the Helo TC, you first have to charge it via any computer or iOS-powered source, then fit your iOS device into the included flight deck module, which transmits infrared signals to the helicopter, giving you total flying control. You have two available flight modes: either use your device’s touchscreen to control the helicopter’s throttle and flight controlled joystick, the cyclic, or you can enable the Helo TC’s Tilt-to-Fly feature, which uses your device's accelerometers to control the helicopter by tilting forward, backward and side to side. [/FONT]

Here are the Helo TC’s tech specs courtesy of Griffin:

• Average flight time - approx. 8 minutes
  • PolyLithium Fuel Cell - 3.7V @ 180 mAh
  • Flight Deck Controller Sled powered by 4 AAA batteries
  • Recommended for pilots aged 14 and up
  • Suitable for use indoors only
  • Helo TC app is a free download from the iTunes App Store; iOS 4.0 required.

Source: Griffin, via TUAW

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to purchase one of these. I have one of those air hog choppers right now and it's a blast to fly around the house.

porcomaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice helicopter. But I prefer a 4 channel one.. I think this one could be 3. If you guys really like choppers try the blade msr... But anyway this chopper is awesome... And I would be if was this price in brazil hehe

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have always wanted a remote control helicopter! But I would crash it and then waist all that money.:mad:

I don't know but $50 sounds pretty good for a remote controlled helicopter, even if we break it (as you say, that's likely). According to the following article they go for as much as $450. I looked up Griffin Helicopters and, I don't know if it's the same company, but I saw a lot of Google hits for a Griffin helicopter computer games maker. Maybe they are trying to build a loss leader to promote the game business.

Griffin Reveals RC Helicopter Controlled by iOS | Tapscape

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, it seems that there are several Griffin Helicopter companies. As the OP says maybe this one is just limited to the computer accessories.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That would be cool to show to my baby nephew!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts