What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS status

kwb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any chance to obtain the GPS status on my IPad 2 3G? I have found an app named GPS status, but it does not show satellite positions or # of satellites. Any apps around for this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any chance to obtain the GPS status on my IPad 2 3G? I have found an app named GPS status, but it does not show satellite positions or # of satellites. Any apps around for this?

I'm surprised, too, so I've subscribed to this thread to see if you get any suggestions. It would be good to see the NMEA-0183 sentences, too, if they were available as well as the pseudo-ranges. I'm guessing that the iPad GPS doesn't have WAAS or EGNOS capability, like many commercial dedicated GPS receivers?

Tim

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Old thread, I know, but I was researching this and came up with an answer.

As stated here:

"There is no such interface available for iOS, since everything is enclosed within the CoreLocation framework (no way to access NMEA data).
You can monitor some variables (like horizontalAccuracy, verticalAccuracy) but that's it. The easyest way to obtain this information is to run some GPS application, that gives this information, for example GPS Status."

Most reactions

Latest posts