Got my Mach 3 iPad case!!!

Discussion in 'Mach 3 Composites' started by MikesTooLz, Aug 3, 2010.

1. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I really liked your test Mike:)

It had me chuckle when you hosed that case...:D

Seriously now, the clasps that hold it shut should have some sort of lock because when the case flexes on impact, those suckers pop out. If there had been a heavier iPad inside it would have been worse.

All in all I like that case it looks to feel nice. Is it polyethylene resin over the carbon fiber or polyurethane? It doesn't sound like acrylic or epoxy...

2. Mach3Composites

Mach3Composites
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Should still be OK. We added a little more padding so the concave back of the IPAD would mold to the inside of the case more. If you decide to get a case and for some reason it does not fit the way you want it to you can send it back and we will refund your investment.

3. Mach3Composites

Mach3Composites
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have to admit it was very comical. My favorite part was throwing the brick at it. The clear coat is polyurethane. The latches do have a locking mechanism that snaps into place. I think that specific impact flexed the case just right to cause them both to open. In the tests we have done the double redundency keeps at least one closed and the IPAD secure. Our vision was for style and protection, especially when you place it into a suitcase or backpack.
    Great testing though and we will continue to evaluate the option to add more tension to the locking mechanism. Great questions. Thanks.