Google Voice Help

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by spoilingpets, Mar 20, 2012.

1. spoilingpets

spoilingpets iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was using my google voice number for texting only on my Sony S tablet. This ipad 3 is my first Apple product and I am truly excited to have it in hot little hands!!!

I installed the google voice on the ipad and I logged into it, but now the texts are also appearing on my phone which is a droid X and also when I call out on my phone the google voice number is showing up on everyones caller ID.

I want to use the google voice number for texting and nothing else can someone help me accomplish this? I am sure there is a setting somewhere I just have to find it

Thank you so much in advance

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    Have you tried Talkatone? It works with Google Voice, which you can configure on your web google account. I had it working in mere minutes. But log into google to control those other features.

3. spoilingpets

spoilingpets iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am totally lost here, do I have to change my text number with talkatone or how do I put them together this is totally out of my league LOL, also I went into the google voice settings and it is set to not send texts to the phone but they still end up on the phone and the ipad/

4. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This is a setting in Google Voice. Log into http://voice.google.com and Go to settings > Phones. Ensure the text settings are correct. If you don't want calls ringing to your phone un-check the device. For the device you're receiving text to but don't want to un-check "Recieve text messages on this phone". Hope that helps.