What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google picture

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My google app has suddenly become a gorilla wearing an army helmet. It is not very pleasant to look at. What happened? Where did this creature come from. How did it get its face on my google app. I did not put it there. I am serious. This is scary.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can you post a screen shot here, so we can see what you mean? Press the Sleep and Home buttons together, and hold them until the screen flashes white.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My google app has suddenly become a gorilla wearing an army helmet. It is not very pleasant to look at. What happened? Where did this creature come from. How did it get its face on my google app. I did not put it there. I am serious. This is scary.

First reaction was to laugh and ask, "which army is that and what rank?" But that's not nice. To be more serious:
If an app is causing problems, regenerate it by pressing the Home button twice to show all recently used apps on the bottom line. Press on the offending app until it starts to wiggle (they all will) then press the red minus sign to close the crook app (you won't lose it) then restart your iPad and slide the restart button back to On.

If still no good, reset your iPad by holding down your on/off button and Home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go the buttons and the iPad will reboot. (Could take a minute or so)
If OK let's know how you got on, which could help others.
Regards, Andrew

OP
L

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I know it sounds funny but it was a scary picture and what worries me more is how it got there. It looked like something from the planet of the apes. I removed the app and reloaded it and the picture did not come back. How would someone get into my iPad . No one else has access to it. I use google mant times in a day. I have had the iPad for two months and it has been fine.

OP
L

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I removed the google app and reloaded it. The ape did not come back. As I said it looked like something from the planet of the apes movie? Where did it come from.

OP
L

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was google search. I use it all the time. Since I removed the app it has not reoccurred. Could someone at google done this as a joke?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
laclablanche said:
It was google search. I use it all the time. Since I removed the app it has not reoccurred. Could someone at google done this as a joke?

It could be related to a site you have recently searched. On a hunch, I checked to see if it happened to be a recent Google Doodle, but nothing that fits the description you gave. Most likely a recent search popped up something unexpected.

OP
L

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It is weird. I wonder if it happens to others. I do search a lot.

Most reactions

Latest posts