What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Google apps icon

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use google as my search engine and have had no problems with it. This is hard to explain but the google icon for the app suddenly had a picture of an ape in a military uniform. It looked like something from the planet of the apes. It did not affect my use of google but it did look scary and bothered me that perhaps someone had been able to manipulate my i pad from another site. I removed the google app and then downloaded it again and the picture of the ape was gone. I use an Ipad 3 and no one else has access to it. Can you explain what happened. I did not do any adjustments myself.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well maybe on Dec 21st there will be an ape apocalypse. Never trusted those pesky apes anyway. They always voted democrat.

Seriously though never heard of this happening so I have no clue what happened but glad to see it's gone.

OP
L

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am starting to think I picked up something googling and for some reason it stayed on the app. It is weird that no one else has had the same experience.

Most reactions