What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Launches Standalone iOS YouTube App for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
YouTube.JPG

For those of us still soldiering away with our first-gen iPads, this news story might be a bit puzzling, as we still have a YouTube app on our iOS6-less classic old iPads! However, for anyone else, and I’m guessing that’s most of you, the news on AppleInsider today that Google has released its own standalone YouTube app for iPad to replace the one that was dumped by iOS 6 will be very welcome indeed. The app was originally released for iPhone and iPod touch back in September, on the eve of the launch of iOS 6, but that version was not compatible with iPad. This new, iPad-friendly version of the app also brings in iPhone 5 and AirPlay support. In particular, the iPhone 5 support means that you will no longer see the black “handlebars†in landscape mode when you are watching videos. The app also has several other minor tweaks, such as adding the ability to add and remove video from your playlists, and improved accessibility with VoiceOver.

Click here to download the free app: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/youtube/id544007664?mt=8

Source: Google's YouTube iOS app now available for iPad, adds iPhone 5 and AirPlay support

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like it!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts