What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReaderUSB

Cimmerian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a researcher and use GoodReader to manage a pretty large (> 5gb) collection of PDFs. It's great in all respects except backing the files up.

I have used their free GoodReaderUSB utility for a while now, through multiple iPads (now a new Air), and when copying a large set of files to or from the iPad and a Windows PC it invariably fails somewhere along the line (just stops) and to make matters worse, provides no guidance as to why, and when multiple directories are involved it's even hard to figure out exactly where it stopped as several of the directories may be partially copied.

Has anyone encounted this issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It could be flaky USB...I've encountered this before on windows PCs. The best bet is to contact the GoodReader folks. In my experience they are very likely to respond and help you address the problem.

BTW, please do not post the same exact question in multiple subforums. It splits the discussion and confuses people. We have rules against that. I have removed your other post which is identical to this one. Any new responses will be in this thread. Thanks.

OP
C

Cimmerian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll try a different USB port.

Sorry about posting it 2x, didn't know it was against the rules. I posted first in productivity but then noticed it seemed far less used (so you deleted the right one).

Most reactions