What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader -pdf

OmarKN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Wonder why GoodReader (no.1 iPad app according to themselves) why they convert all text / rtf - documents into pdf.

The PDF i cannot edit,
but i maybe want to edit a doc,
and later sync it with the desktop comp.

Anyone's thoughts why PDF is preferred here? (not editable).

bw, Omar K N

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
GoodReader does not convert files. At least not .txt files. You can even edit them. When you view them in GoodReader, just chooes the edit icon at the bottom of the screen.

That said, GoodReader isn't a very good text editor. It's mostly there as a combination file manager and PDF reader.

If you want to edit files then use the Open In... feature under Manage Files to open and edit the file in a real text editor. Some of them even support DropBox directly, so you don't need to use GoodReader at all. I use Essay, and it's decent, as long as you aren't expecting a word processor.

I have not been able to find any app that does rtf files. No idea why.

OP
O

OmarKN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoodReader ...

If you want to edit files then use the Open In... feature under Manage Files to open and edit the file in a real text editor. ...

Well as long they are not rtf / rtfd - files.

I have not been able to find any app that does rtf files. No idea why.

rtf: rich text file: there's more than just text, rtf can at least be _previewed_ in GoodReader, for rtfd x = nothing is possible at all.

Nowadays many files are in rtf, i'll drop a line to the GoodReader people ans ask them, inshah Allah .

Thank you so far,

Omar K N

Most reactions

Latest posts