What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good app for movies

pastorjosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am fixing to go on a big trip and would like a way to watch movies on my iPad. Is there an app that will allow me to download a couple of movies at home, and watch on the road? I will not have Internet all the way so being able to download is important. Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to download your movies before you leave and sync them to your iPad to watch on the go, surely iTunes is the answer? What am I missing?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
If you want to download your movies before you leave and sync them to your iPad to watch on the go, surely iTunes is the answer? What am I missing?

Is there a reason to sync from iTunes to iPad? I rented a movie direct to my iPad before my last flight to England ( The King's Speech!).

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a reason to sync from iTunes to iPad? I rented a movie direct to my iPad before my last flight to England ( The King's Speech!).

No, but that's exactly what the OP stated they wanted to do. There's no telling where they are travelling to. I just spent 2 weeks on an island in the Indian Ocean with no internet. Downloading content before I left and syncing later was the best option for me. ;)

OP
P

pastorjosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be traveling by car. Can I simply download them from the iTunes on the iPad itself? If I do will they be accessible just like a song is ?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pastorjosh said:
I will be traveling by car. Can I simply download them from the iTunes on the iPad itself? If I do will they be accessible just like a song is ?

Yes. You can rent them and have 30 days to begin watching. Once you start a rented movie you have 24 hours to finish or watch it again. After 24 hours it disappears off your iPad. Magic!

Most reactions

Latest posts