What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting iTunes to recognize iPad

highstream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
17.3.1, iPad Mini 5, Win 10 PC. I'm confused. I've been trying to copy .mp4 videos from my PC to my Mini via iTunes. I've had three results (with a couple of photos):

- success: iPad icon shows on iTunes and transfer goes to AppleTV app on iPad. Happened one time when I booted PC with iPad attached via USB
- large Photos screen opens, shows transfer error message, and when closed iPad icon doesn't how in iTunes, with an error message there too
- Photos doesn't open, or after closing it, then iTunes freezes or the loading circle goes on and on and has to be closed via Win Task Mgr

Anyone help make sense of this, and how to successfully get iTunes to recognize iPad (icon), so I can transfer? Thanks,

Attachments

• iTunes Photos screen.JPG
    iTunes Photos screen.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 5
  • iTunes error message.JPG
    iTunes error message.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
H

highstream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need to update the OP. The first problem was getting the PC to recognize the iPad. That's solved. Now the problem is how to get iTunes to recognize the iPad Mini. The problem is that in the process after opening iTunes, the loading circle runs on and on and then throws up the unknown error shown in the OP. (The other photo shown in the OP is another sign of Windows recognizing the iPad, but the photos screen is MS based, so I close it.)

OP
H

highstream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled iTunes. The good news so far is no error message and the PC recognizes the iPad. The bad is that iTunes is still not recognizing the iPad. What's next?

Most reactions

Latest posts