What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting book frm ADobe Digital Editions to iPad???

cooknknit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded a book from my regional library to Adobe Digital Editions on my PC, but when I connect the iPad to the PC, I have no link to transfer it to the iPad. It is an adobe ePub book which is supposed to be compatible with iPad. HELP!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Adobe Reader for the iPad may work with Digital Editions. I'm not sure from the language of the App Store description. It talks about working with Livecycle rights management. I'm not sure how that relates to Digital Editions protection.

Two apps that are meant to work with the two library digital lending systems also support Digital Editions. It may take some finagling to get the files into the apps (I don't use either of them at this time), but it should be doable. There are other members here that are more familiar with them.

BlueFire Reader
Overdrive Media Console

In all cases the app will require you to sign in somewhere with the Adobe ID associated with that Digital Edition PDF. Check the developer's sites for details.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The site for the BlueFire Reader has instructions on how to use it. I could not find anything (in my brief search) for Overdrive Media Console.

In my experience a library will usually have a pamphlet or site you can go to that explains how to use whichever borrowing service they use.

Most reactions

Latest posts