What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Stylus question

Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying a stylus for note taking, but I am not too sure, whether they will be useful for me.

The main reason, why I would want to get one, is for reducing friction. Handwriting on the screen induces lots of friction, thus slowing writing speed.

Does writing with a stylus compare to writing with a pen?

jgumphress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
umphress.web.officelive.com
I searched for over a month for a stylus, reading the blogs and Amazon reviews. I finaly settled on the Acase from Amazon because it had the most pro reviews of any of the others. As for it's use, it is not quite like a pen and paper but very close. It is very hard to write small print. You have to make fairly large letters because the tip on these pens is very bold. I haven't seen one with a fine tip yet. Some apps are easier to use these stylus devices, like one I have that lets you enlarge the writting area then reducing it when you are done. That way the printing looks better. Where they realy shine is making marks and notes on drawings and PDF pages.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Does writing with a stylus compare to writing with a pen?

No iPad stylus is even close to a pen - because there is no stylus that can work with a fine tip.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The actual stylus I use isn't "fine" but feels, in use, like writing with a ballpoint. In addition, the final writing in several of the apps I use for handwritten notes, is pretty fine. This happens to be Noteshelf. I also like Notetaker HD.

Diane

Attachments

• image-561600015.png
    image-561600015.png
    357.5 KB · Views: 336

quickbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately they don't reall write well...I think it's a capacitive screen issue.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The actual stylus I use isn't "fine" but feels, in use, like writing with a ballpoint. In addition, the final writing in several of the apps I use for handwritten notes, is pretty fine. This happens to be Noteshelf. I also like Notetaker HD.

Diane

nice and great penmanship

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Diane

I like this ~ thanks for sharing, Diane!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anti-glare screen protectors actually work better as the surface is more like paper and there is less resistance than the glossy screen protectors.

Most reactions

Latest posts