What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening!

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure as I know nothing about gardening but a friend of mine loves it ;)

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yptcn said:
I'm not sure as I know nothing about gardening but a friend of mine loves it ;)

Okay, will look at it and see. Thanks for info

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, now that I'm beginning to understand a little more. My impression was that this app was only about learning the iPad. The topics well..you call them threads... Can be varied and they get you to do things with the iPad to become fluent in iPadeese. Now how do I post my garden pictures? And my profile icon or picture....hmmmm could that be found out in another thread? Lets see...

Did it work?

Attachments

• image-3087234272.png
    image-3087234272.png
    754.8 KB · Views: 236

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Williebye said:
Ok, now that I'm beginning to understand a little more. My impression was that this app was only about learning the iPad. The topics well..you call them threads... Can be varied and they get you to do things with the iPad to become fluent in iPadeese. Now how do I post my garden pictures? And my profile icon or picture....hmmmm could that be found out in another thread? Lets see...

Did it work?

It did. This next pic requires red and blue 3D glasses. My hoop greenhouse, since removed.

Attachments

• image-1570476701.png
    image-1570476701.png
    978.1 KB · Views: 257
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Williebye said:
It did. This next pic requires red and blue 3D glasses. My hoop greenhouse, since removed.

Sorry about the greenhouse, sometimes planning rules can be so restrictive. If it's temporary structure, why did they tell you to take it down?

Anyway, love the pics, I'm so pleased to find a fellow gardener, we aren't all of us on the iPad all of the time although having said that I could be lying. What gardening apps are you using? We have garden plannerHD. It's the closest one to what we need. I've spent a small fortune trying to find one that has flowers, herbs, vegetables etc... These developers think we only grow one type of plant but I'm sure most of us grow everything? We love eating our own produce, my husband has the veg, I have the flowers and herbs. I have used the planner to plot where all his veg go due to the 4 yearly rotation of crops and past successes and failures are all recorded. It's the best app out there that I know of but if you have a better one please tell me. Anyway it's great to talk to you. I live in UK so how many hours behind or ahead are you?

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Colours

Oh wow. My true fav color is Periwinkle. I painted a wall that color in my house. Love it. I have clothes, dragonflies, which I adore, btw, in that color!

I think we need counseling.

What colour is Periwinkle? (I am allergic to gardening, but enjoy other peoples) :D

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
What colour is Periwinkle? (I am allergic to gardening, but enjoy other peoples) :D

This is the flower so I'm guessing its violet/blue or a variation of that. I like lilac but I like blue as well. I'm sorry to hear you are allergic. Question? Allergic to plants or allergic to working with said plants?

Attachments

• image-1655298650.png
    image-1655298650.png
    580.3 KB · Views: 234

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol

Vintage90 said:

This is the flower so I'm guessing its violet/blue or a variation of that. I like lilac but I like blue as well. I'm sorry to hear you are allergic. Question? Allergic to plants or allergic to working with said plants?

Neither. Allergic to the work :D

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Neither. Allergic to the work :D

I thought so! Yes, I suffer from that malady myself especially when it time to get out the watering can again otherwise the hanging basket will dry out! The reward outways the allergy to work. Don't get me wrong, most of my plants are perennial and if you get the mix rights and they flower all year round, the only need to prune them which is done once maybe twice a year and it's very cathartic. I do grow annuals for my patio but this year I was lazy and bought them from the local nursery. I just love the colour they add to it. With the BBQ nearby, what more could we want from our gardens. Oh, and grass is out because guess what, you have to mow it every blooming week! Keep coming with comments, this thread is struggling, too many allergic members I fear, but I welcome non gardeners as well.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim, has it stopped raining yet, I might have a barbie later and want to know whether your barbie has been derusticated?

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Sorry about the greenhouse, sometimes planning rules can be so restrictive. If it's temporary structure, why did they tell you to take it down?

Anyway, love the pics, I'm so pleased to find a fellow gardener, we aren't all of us on the iPad all of the time although having said that I could be lying. What gardening apps are you using? We have garden plannerHD. It's the closest one to what we need. I've spent a small fortune trying to find one that has flowers, herbs, vegetables etc... These developers think we only grow one type of plant but I'm sure most of us grow everything? We love eating our own produce, my husband has the veg, I have the flowers and herbs. I have used the planner to plot where all his veg go due to the 4 yearly rotation of crops and past successes and failures are all recorded. It's the best app out there that I know of but if you have a better one please tell me. Anyway it's great to talk to you. I live in UK so how many hours behind or ahead are you?

Sorry Hayle but I may have mislead you a little there. The ruling body in our garden is my wife Brenda not any town planner. That greenhouse I had for about 5 years and was a lot of fun. It was cheap to construct but over time It got a bit wind blown so I decided to remove it. We are clearing an area now to erect a commercial one. Brenda does the flowers and garden beds and I do the veggies, usually tomatoes, peas,beans, lettuce, zuchenni, peppers and cuks. It's been raining so much that we should be building an Ark instead. I'll have to transfer more garden pics to my iPad so that I can post them.

I'm not using any garden apps yet but I'll look at your recommendation. The time difference is 4hrs. I'm just putting on the coffee and your planning for dinner. My mom was from Scotland (she was a war bride) ... So Dinner was at noon whereas here, dinner can also be supper. :)

If you are a mom. Happy Mothers day! Or is celebrated on a different day in the UK?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Williebye said:
Sorry Hayle but I may have mislead you a little there. The ruling body in our garden is my wife Brenda not any town planner. That greenhouse I had for about 5 years and was a lot of fun. It was cheap to construct but over time It got a bit wind blown so I decided to remove it. We are clearing an area now to erect a commercial one. Brenda does the flowers and garden beds and I do the veggies, usually tomatoes, peas,beans, lettuce, zuchenni, peppers and cuks. It's been raining so much that we should be building an Ark instead. I'll have to transfer more garden pics to my iPad so that I can post them.

I'm not using any garden apps yet but I'll look at your recommendation. The time difference is 4hrs. I'm just putting on the coffee and your planning for dinner. My mom was from Scotland (she was a war bride) ... So Dinner was at noon whereas here, dinner can also be supper. :)

If you are a mom. Happy Mothers day! Or is celebrated on a different day in the UK?

Yes, it's at the beginning of April(1st I think). Oh, dear we wives rule the home don't we! When we moved to our present home, by the way yours looks lovely but just remember Brit homes are smaller unless you have millions, we got it divided by fencing into my flower garden and patio and his veg garden and neither the twain meet. I've lapsed a bit now so his veg are creeping into mine.

We had veg in the field we rent for the horses but next door neighbours upset the owner so we lost the veg plot but not the field thank god, I need that for horses. We keep our fruit trees pruned to a height of 6th so I can reach the plums and cherries! Colin grows potatoes in all sorts of buckets and dustbins due to space. We have broad beans, peas, mange tout, leeks, radish, lettuce, carrots and so on. We grow tomatoes but we keep getting that tomato disease where the leaves go brown and tomatoes die(potatoes get it as well, minds gone a blank).

We have loads of raspberry, currant, rhubarb, gooseberry, strawberries etc... I love to grow roses, lavender, herbs, fuchsias, geranium and poppies. Oh, anything to attract my eye, we've just had rain after a long spell of dry weather so that was a relief but you know UK it never keeps it constant, it always goes over the top, too much rain, too much snow, too much sun, can't keep up! Haven't had a decent summer in years, I'm hoping my fruit trees set this year.

Look at me rabbiting on, you are probably bored by now

Keep posting those photos and I'll try and get you some as well, when it's sunny. I'm dreadful at taking photos of the garden!

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, it's at the beginning of April(1st I think). Oh, dear we wives rule the home don't we! When we moved to our present home, by the way yours looks lovely but just remember Brit homes are smaller unless you have millions, we got it divided by fencing into my flower garden and patio and his veg garden and neither the twain meet. I've lapsed a bit now so his veg are creeping into mine.

We had veg in the field we rent for the horses but next door neighbours upset the owner so we lost the veg plot but not the field thank god, I need that for horses. We keep our fruit trees pruned to a height of 6th so I can reach the plums and cherries! Colin grows potatoes in all sorts of buckets and dustbins due to space. We have broad beans, peas, mange tout, leeks, radish, lettuce, carrots and so on. We grow tomatoes but we keep getting that tomato disease where the leaves go brown and tomatoes die(potatoes get it as well, minds gone a blank).

We have loads of raspberry, currant, rhubarb, gooseberry, strawberries etc... I love to grow roses, lavender, herbs, fuchsias, geranium and poppies. Oh, anything to attract my eye, we've just had rain after a long spell of dry weather so that was a relief but you know UK it never keeps it constant, it always goes over the top, too much rain, too much snow, too much sun, can't keep up! Haven't had a decent summer in years, I'm hoping my fruit trees set this year.

Look at me rabbiting on, you are probably bored by now

Keep posting those photos and I'll try and get you some as well, when it's sunny. I'm dreadful at taking photos of the garden!

Thanks again for the help on the Avatar thing. I would have never guessed you would have to go to a website to configure settings on an IPad App.

Here are a few more older pictures of our garden. The pond are has been dismantled and will be redone soon with a greenhouse. Pictures...Well .....maybe not!?!? Whenever I choose an attachment photo the uploader takes a different picture than the one I've chosen. I had to cancel the entire post 3 times because there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the incorrect photo otherwise. It could be because of the new update of the OS from Apple an hour ago. I'll reboot the iPad and try again...

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, dear, is that the 4.3.3 update? I've heard on another thread of the problems created. I'm usually quick to update but it didn't look very important. Thank god I was slow. I take it you were in website or app? In the app, there is an attachments button and you press it and it takes you to an add attachment button and then you upload photo from iPad.

This is my Exmoor in the snow! Outside our house.

Attachments

• image-494661934.png
    image-494661934.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 231

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok a 4th attempt to upload a few garden pictures from previous summers. Well that worked. The issue could have been the new iPad OS update. Rebooting solved it.

Attachments

• image-3395055772.png
    image-3395055772.png
    979.4 KB · Views: 238
  • image-4276273568.png
    image-4276273568.png
    901.8 KB · Views: 242
  • image-1371295984.png
    image-1371295984.png
    786.2 KB · Views: 227
  • image-3459720560.png
    image-3459720560.png