What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garageband

Any problems with the touch instruments?

• Not at all, they sound fine.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes, sometimes they sound quiet when hitting hard.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes, they sound too quiet often when hitting hard.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people have the same problem with Garageband as I do. Answer the poll; Do you have any problems with the touch instruments? When you hit a touch instrument hard, does it sound hard all the time or does is sound quiet too often?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Just wondering how many people have the same problem with Garageband as I do. Answer the poll; Do you have any problems with the touch instruments? When you hit a touch instrument hard, does it sound hard all the time or does is sound quiet too often?

You have to hold your iPad to make them louder. It uses the accelerometer so the iPad actually has to move. If you have it on a table, then the iPad doesn't move, and it won't make it louder.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
You have to hold your iPad to make them louder. It uses the accelerometer so the iPad actually has to move. If you have it on a table, then the iPad doesn't move, and it won't make it louder.

Even when I lay my iPad on a soft pillow (so that the iPad moves when hitting it) it sound too often quiet when I hit the piano keys hard.
Maybe there is a problem with the accelerometer....

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Even when I lay my iPad on a soft pillow (so that the iPad moves when hitting it) it sound too often quiet when I hit the piano keys hard.
Maybe there is a problem with the accelerometer....

Hmm.... Interesting. It isn't a huge difference in sound but it is there. I know there is a setting to enable it. Maybe you have it disabled?

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always use this app and never have problems with it. Try holding down on the intrinsic longer to make it louder.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Hmm.... Interesting. It isn't a huge difference in sound but it is there. I know there is a setting to enable it. Maybe you have it disabled?

What setting? Is there a setting that disables the usage of the accelerometer? That would be great.
I don't know what setting you mean.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stephen777 said:
I always use this app and never have problems with it. Try holding down on the intrinsic longer to make it louder.

I don't know what "intrinsic" means. I am Dutch, see, and google didn't really help me with explaining what it means, lol.

tanalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adjust Garageband 11 keyboard volume

In case anyone came to this thread late, I had the same problem in Garageband 11. (Nov 2012).

To adjust the volume (key sensitivity), tap the Keyboard button on the far right just above the keyboard and turn on Velocity. This enables a slider on the far left of the screen. Playing around with the slider will adjust the sensitivity/volume of the keys.

(If all else fails, read the instructions. Argh...)

tanalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what "intrinsic" means. I am Dutch, see, and google didn't really help me with explaining what it means, lol.

I'm American. I don't know what it means in this context, either. : )

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
in·trin·sic adjective \in-ˈtrin-zik, -ˈtrin(t)-sik\

Definition of INTRINSIC

a : belonging to the essential nature or constitution of a thing <the intrinsic worth of a gem> <the intrinsic brightness of a star>
b : being or relating to a semiconductor in which the concentration of charge carriers is characteristic of the material itself instead of the content of any impurities it contains
a : originating or due to causes within a body, organ, or part <an intrinsic metabolic disease>
b : originating and included wholly within an organ or part <intrinsic muscles> — compare extrinsic 1b
— in·trin·si·cal·ly adverb
See intrinsic defined for English-language learners »
See intrinsic defined for kids »
Examples of INTRINSIC

the intrinsic value of a gem
the intrinsic brightness of a star
He is the ideal courtier. His nobility is intrinsic, and so he can drape himself in this purple cloak of tasteful modernity, make a cocktail of past and present, the cream of both. —Noah Charney, The Art Thief, 2007
[+]more
Origin of INTRINSIC

French intrinsèque internal, from Late Latin intrinsecus, from Latin, adverb, inwardly; akin to Latin intra within — more at intra-
First Known Use: 1635
Related to INTRINSIC

Synonyms: built-in, constitutional, constitutive, essential, hardwired, immanent, inborn, inbred, indigenous, ingrain, ingrained (also engrained), innate, integral, inherent, native, natural
Antonyms: adventitious, extraneous, extrinsic
[+]more
in·trin·sic adjective \in-ˈtrin-zik, -ˈtrin(t)-sik\***(Medical Dictionary)
Medical Definition of INTRINSIC

: originating or due to causes or factors within a body, organ, or part <intrinsic asthma>
: originating and included wholly within an organ or part—used especially of certain muscles <the cricothyroid is an intrinsic muscle of the larynx>; compare extrinsic 2

Loverboy1249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is completely unrelated to any of this, but in the amp instrument thing, I'll go to the modern metal setting and ill get a split second of feedback, which wouldn't be much of a problem just playing around on it but I use garage band to record with my band, can someone help?

Most reactions

Latest posts