What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit and Garageband Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southseaisland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure where this belongs so I'll just start here and if it needs to be moved, so be it. I have had an ipad2 for awhile now and use it mostly for basic surfing, keeping up with email etc. Recently downloaded Garageband and love it. I am a musician and have two keyboards a Yamaha Clavinova with midi interface (and subsequently bought a midi to USB cable) and a Yamaha YPG-235 with USB out. Plugged both into the camera kit and Garageband recognizes nothing. I have rebooted and waited 30 seconds. Tried powered hub/no powered hub. Tried both keyboards with their associated cables, still nothing. I see videos on youtube where people just plug in and play. What am I doing wrong or not right. I am a PC user and my midi cable was immediately recognized by my laptop so the midi cable definitely works. I even recorded into Audacity with no problem. All I would like to do is access the instruments in Garageband. I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the midi cable connected to the keyboard's midi
out
with the interface's midi
in?

OP
S

southseaisland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is and I just solved the problem. The camera card is a 3rd party manufacturer and it has a minute and I do mean minute toggle switch located on the bottom. It separates the USB and camera card slots. Everything is up and running but thanks for the input.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
as the problem is solved i will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts