What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Games won't run on my iPad 1

ngomaichi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
cargamesdownload.info
I have been able to play all type of games on my iPad 1 since 2013. Games like township, sims free play and contract zombies but lately they just keep crashing. Is there any way around this? I have tried playing on airplane mode it has helped before. I also would remove the game from being in the history. The bottom of the iPad when you hold the home button. All that use to work. But now nothing seems to work. If you can help me that would be lovely.thank you

See more: car racing games download

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 1 has a slow CPU and only 256MB of RAM. In graphics intensive games that are played online, the iPad 1 is finding it harder and harder to work properly as these games require more processing power and RAM than they used to as the games are updated and optimized for the newer hardware. Have you considered updating to a newer iPad?

BTW, the iPad 3 and older will not be getting the iOS 10 update this September and this should be considered when deciding on which iPad to upgrade to.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agree w/ Scifan.. - the original iPad was released in 2010 and is ancient technology (computer-wise), especially if gaming is your main interest. Not sure if you have the budget for a new, refurbished, or used iPad, but I would second his recommendation.

Attached below are the current prices from Apple for new iPads and configurations - my main recommendation is NOT to buy a 16 GB device; also, if budget is an issue, look at the refurbished models offered by Apple HERE (a 1-year warranty is provided) - of course, there are sites where the prices are likely lower, such as eBay, Craig's List, and Glyde just to mention a few - as to the latter site, I've sold two iPads to them.

Now if your budget does not allow an iPad upgrade, then you'll have to simply choose games that still run adequately on the original model - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 10.43.31 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts