What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallery question

waynedear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I Will be using the iPad mainly for work and sometimes need to show some jpegs, the standard gallery is very boring, I have seen a lovely sliding gallery's on the ICS and wondered if there is anyway to change my gallery at all, or can someone recommend a good app that is suitable.

Thanks
Wayne

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
You mean to change your background pictures? What is ICS?

You can change the background pictures in the settings to use uploaded jpg's or photos of your choice from your photostream.

Last edited:
OP
W

waynedear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ICS 4.0 is the Android operating platform.
Gallery wise I don't mean background pictures, what I mean is when I tap gallery a folder opens, inside is a bunch of pictures, I want to change the look of that bunch of pictures into a fancy gallery as on android....basically customise what I see for presentation purposes.

Thanks
Wayne

OP
W

waynedear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I'm really not making myself clear stall....
Ok prior to getting an iPad I considered buying the Asus Prime, however the iPad has far better customer services so I opted for iPad, what I liked about the prime was when I uploaded all my music photos from my gigs as I am a musician and the went to the photo's button (gallery), I wasn't presented with just folders of photos but a kind is streaming timeline from left to right which looked fantastic as a presentation, all I want to know is if there is an app in iPad for this.

Thanks
Wayne

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
there's a built in feature on ipad called picture frame (in settings) that'll give you a custom slide show of whatever albums you wish. this is then activated from the main front page, or by pressing 'slide show' from within the camera app.

OP
W

waynedear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi yeh I seen that thanks and it's not what I mean if u ever get the opportunity to handle an Asus tablet u will see what I mean.

Thanks
Anyway

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He's probably meaning the layout of the album structure or the pics inside the album. I myself am also using an android phone and like the way pictures are presented there. Is there any app in the store that present the pictures taken with the camera, in a different way?

everyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YOu can change any pictures or group of pictures you want. Use photo stream. You can show folders for all pictures you have taken yourself. Or you can collect as may as you want that you want to save or add. You can keep them as albums. Individuals pictures. Or on Photo Stream. You can do exactly what you want. You just need to sit down and work with it a little and understand the features. Click on the Sunflower icon in the bottom Dock to get started. I hope that helps. I think that is what you mean, anyway. Hope so. Also you can download iPhoto from the app store and use that. Very close to the Photos in the Dock.
Also, once you have loaded tons of photos into the iPad...i notice that when you start at the slider window to open the iPad there is an icon for Photos there.
If you click on it....even before you slide the slider, alll the photos will be presented in fantastically organized and interesting inserts and folds and stuff. Very very cool. But you need to actually have uploaded some pictures into the iPad to get that feature going.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You mean to change your background pictures? What is ICS?

You can change the background pictures in the settings to use uploaded jpg's or photos of your choice from your photostream.

I believe he was referring to Ice Cream Sandwich...the android operating system.

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To clarify a bit, this is what it looks like:

Screenshot_2012-06-14-21-45-49.png

OP
W

waynedear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those are the folders...when you open one of them they scroll across just like that, great for a presentation and it looks so cool..cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts