What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuzzy photos

Lisia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The photos I take with my new iPad very fuzzy and not sharp at all like my iPhone. Is threesome kind offsetting I need to adjust?

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
The camera in your iPhone 4 is 5 megapixels...the iPad is less than 1 megapixel if I remember correctly... It's just a rubbish camera!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an iPhone 4, I'd stick with taking photos on that over iPad. The camera quality is miles apart. The 4S camera is even better.

If you want your phone photos on your iPad, you can use the cloud photo stream (but that streams everything); you can synch via iTunes; or you can use a camera connection kit, which is easy, and pick whatever photos you want to move to iPad.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lisia said:
The photos I take with my new iPad very fuzzy and not sharp at all like my iPhone. Is threesome kind offsetting I need to adjust?

Hi Lisia and welcome to the Forum. Yes the cameras on the iPad are not great, the photos are best if taken in good light. I don't really think they are intended for everyday use and certainly not to replace your camera, but they are great for Skype and face time calls. There are a few threads about this. Doing some searches is the best way to answer your questions, if then you cant find what you are looking for then by all means post your question, there are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you. Enjoy!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Lisia - welcome to the forum! :)

Just another :thumbsdown: for the iPad cameras, a common thread of discussion here - just to re-emphasize the posts already made, the front camera is only .3 MP (ancient) and only good for video conferencing w/ FaceTime or Skype; the back camera is only .7 MP, another poor option for still images but acceptable to video from responses in other threads - if you need GOOD still images on your iPad, then you will need to import them into the device. Hope this helps along w/ the other excellent posts - :)

OP
Lisia

Lisia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Love my iPhone 4 and use cloud so will just stick to that for photos! Appreciate the comments!

Most reactions

Latest posts