What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad owner

moigs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my ipad plugged into Itunes and after unplugging it , it's now frozen. I tried rebooting it by holding the home button and the on button for 60 seconds. The apple image appears but is still locked showing the cord plugged in. What should I do?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my ipad plugged into Itunes and after unplugging it , it's now frozen. I tried rebooting it by holding the home button and the on button for 60 seconds. The apple image appears but is still locked showing the cord plugged in. What should I do?

OK - don't panic!! Let's get some more information.

This is a brand new, never-been-used iPad. You plugged it into your computer with the supplied USB cable. Your PC or Mac had the latest version of iTunes on it - needs to be at least version 10.1 - did it go through the sync operation? What happened when you plugged it in to your PC originally? It sounds as though the initialisation operation didn't succeed. Check the version of iTunes you have. It won't work with earlier versions. If you have an earlier version upgrade by downloading for free from the Apple website and then try again.

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes....and...oh...welcome to the Forum - we'll sort this out, don't worry.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. You'll get all the help you need right here... Let us know how you get on...

Most reactions