What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forums

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every time I try to get on here I keep getting asked if I want to get a free gift. It doesn't let me say no. Anybody else having this problem?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Every time I try to get on here I keep getting asked if I want to get a free gift. It doesn't let me say no. Anybody else having this problem?

Hello - take a look at this THREAD that I started not too long ago - let us know if this is the same spam? Some suggestions given - still is occurring on my iPad in Safari - I usually browse the forum on my Apple laptops using Safari (w/ Ghostery & AdBlock running as extensions) and have not seen this irritating pop-up on those computers. Dave :)

OP
A

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what I have been getting on my iPad. I deleted the app and put it in again so hopefully it is okay now.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I fixed the problem by downloading Adguard Pro from the app store. There is a free version but it worked so well I went ahead and paid for it!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I fixed the problem by downloading Adguard Pro from the app store. There is a free version but it worked so well I went ahead and paid for it!

Please see my post in my thread on the issue that you also left a response - assume this app simply works in the background? Thanks - Dave :)

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please see my post in my thread on the issue that you also left a response - assume this app simply works in the background? Thanks - Dave :)

From what I can tell it totally works in the background. I didn't even remember I had installed it until reading this thread since my problem had been resolved.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like Weblock for my iPad. It nukes ads everywhere, not just in Safari. You can whitelist forums you wish to support by allowing ads, but I don't recommend letting any ads through at all, since the forums have no say in their content, and ads are a common point of entry for malware.

On my Mac, I use uBlock Origin, much better than Adblock because Adblock whitelists advertisers for money.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just glanced at reviews from these top AD Blocker Apps and found a common thread:
AD Blocker Apps in alphabetical order
1) AdBlock
2) AdGuard
3) Weblock

The common threads are:
1) Most reviews are either 5s or 1s
2) All of these products have people convinced that they are great or terrible
3) In ranking these from the screenshots I took a couple minutes ago it would seem that the following order is apparent for customer satisfaction.
a) AdGuard
b) AdBlock
c) Weblock

IMG_0024.PNG
IMG_0025.PNG
IMG_0026.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts