What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SkyGo streaming problems

DBJones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New member here wondering if any more experienced users can help me.

I downloaded SkyGo about 2 months ago and all worked fine until a week ago. I updated the software to ios5 a week ago and since then SkyGo doesn't work. I keep getting error messages saying "media streaming problem ; error7 (or error 9).

I have a second device registered which my son owns and that is still working fine (not upgraded the software).

I assume it's related to the software update but please can anybody help me to overcome this.

boyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it only on 3G? I had same problem on 3G only but over wifi i connected to skygo ok. I downloaded process killer which somebody had posted on this forum and that seemed to sort my problem out and my iPad 2 runs a lot quicker now and skygo works again perfect. Hope that helps

Tenpinsmick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem

Hi there

I updated my ipad2 today and have the same problem with the same error messages????????

I don't even have a sim installed and just running off my wifi in my home!

OP
D

DBJones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for the tips but I'm afraid installing power breaker didn't work. I am only using wifi (don't have 3G). I am sure it's incompatible with ios5.
Is it possible to uninstall ios5 and go back to 4.3.3??

boyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No don't think it possible to go back to 4.3.3

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had similar issues after upgrading to ios 5. I found deleting the app and re-installing it fixed the problem for me.

Big Johnno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try deleting the Sky Go app, turning off then re-starting the iPhone / iPad, and re-installing the app.
It just worked for me on the phone - I'll try the iPad tonight :D

Most reactions