What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formula 1

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes. Check My Sky > Profile & Settings > Additional Users

I tried this this morning it still only allows 2 devices per household, unless im doing something wrong?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried this this morning it still only allows 2 devices per household, unless im doing something wrong?

For each user you add in the Additional Users section, each can have another 2 devices. But you MUST sign in on each set of 2 devices with the NEW user details you have created. It does not give your master account another 2 devices. It tracks each additional user you add, and allocates each of them with 2.

Clear?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I signed in with my new user account but it said there are already 2 devices registered and you have already used your allowance to change for the month. When I log on to the additional user the 2 devices registered with the master account show up, there's no free slots.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't know there was anything that would let you see what devices are associated with your accounts. Where is that?

I have 3 additional users and a total of 8 different devices running on Sky Go without any problems.

Last edited:

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Didn't know there was anything you could see what devices are associated with your accounts. Where is that?

I have 3 additional users and a total of 8 different devices running without any problems.

If you got to sky go website and then settings and then there's manage devices, it would be cool if I could get at least 4 devices running :( I can get the sky sports news app to run but not sky go

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool. Didn't know that was there.

So, log in to the SkyGo webiste with your NEW account. Remove any devices which are registered in there. Then Open the SkyGo app one of your new device, and log into the APP using the new credentials. That should register the app on the new device with the new user.
I just tested it and it works fine.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I'm following remove the devices from the new user (will this keep them in the master?) then add the new devices?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
So if I'm following remove the devices from the new user (will this keep them in the master?) then add the new devices?

Yes, provided you are reading my post and understanding the difference between the website and the app.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, provided you are reading my post and understanding the difference between the website and the app.

I'll try at the end of the month then as its saying if I remove a device I won't be able to add another one!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed the devices from the new account but it removed them from the master account, not sure how you did it but I'm guessing it's now changed :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
I removed the devices from the new account but it removed them from the master account, not sure how you did it but I'm guessing it's now changed :(

I disagree. I set up my uncles account with 2 accounts for both my cousins only yesterday. Worked flawlessly.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I disagree. I set up my uncles account with 2 accounts for both my cousins only yesterday. Worked flawlessly.

Well I removed the two showing and I could only register 1 device it's now saying I already have 2 devices registered, I removed the devices from the website, what have you done differently?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to MySky > Profile & Settings > Additional Users and add a new user with a new ID and password.

On a new device, open the SkyGo app, and log in with the new user details.

That's it. Don't log into the SkyGo website with the new details. Don't do anything else. Just use the new details on the SkyGo APP on a new device. Simple.

You can create up to 9 additional users giving you a grand total of 20 registered devices on one master Sky account. The only restriction is you must use separate email addresses for the users.

I suggest you stay away from the SkyGo website when doing this. It registers the PC you are on when you log in, so that is a complete waste of a device per account.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Go to MySky > Profile & Settings > Additional Users and add a new user with a new ID and password.

On a new device, open the SkyGo app, and log in with the new user details.

That's it. Don't log into the SkyGo website with the new details. Don't do anything else. Just use the new details on the SkyGo APP on a new device. Simple.

You can create up to 9 additional users giving you a grand total of 20 registered devices on one master Sky account. The only restriction is you must use separate email addresses for the users.

I suggest you stay away from the SkyGo website when doing this. It registers the PC you are on when you log in, so that is a complete waste of a device per account.

Thanks that worked! I screwed up one user then!

Most reactions

Latest posts