What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those of you who DIDN'T have any problems upgrading to IOS 5.....

lizliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lizliew said:
Am trying this out..

strangers are friends we haven't met yet

THERE! That was asurprise! I went to, settings, more...,forum posting settings, signature..from within ipf. But i see the text siE is the same and it doesnt come out greyed out.. which i liked about yours..more subtle!

strangers are friends we haven't met yet

Mickjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the same experience in both ipad and iphone......annoying, but hardly an issue. Overall seemed very easy

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Loved this....especially the poster on page one that took 40 ministers to be able to upgrade. That was a pleasant chuckle. Had a mental pic of them all crowded around praying.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated 2 iPhone 4 and an IPad with no issues ( few error messages during back up caused by server over load). The process took about 1 hour and half. I can say that this is Apple's best IOS .

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just upgraded my ipad2 in about 30 minutes total. No errors and no problems so far. However, I don't see any new features yet that I couldn't live without. I do like the tabs feature in safari.

SusanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started with my iPhone. It went smoothly and took about 30 minutes (after upgrading iTunes). My only question/comment is why did it load some 650+ pieces of email already deleted? On to my iPad2!

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started a 1pm EDT but didn't finish until around 11pm that night. This was only due to errors caused by massive server traffic. Once it was done though there have been no problems.

BoysnBerry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had no problems either, on ipad2 and iphone4. I had to download new iTunes but after that it took about 40 minutes each device for downloading, installing, iCloud eg...
Done from my Acer touchscreen PC on our home wifi.

BoysnBerry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh and yep - for some reason I got 600 old photos back on my phone's camera roll.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Flawless up date here as well.
Carefully updated iTunes and did back up then iOS 5.
Only lost my down loaded bbc iview episodes.
So no biggie.
Now working out what is new and different.
Great stuff
Feel very pleased with myself

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
All was good for me also.

iPad took around 4 hours mostly du to a slow download in the evening
The iPhone took around an hour. Download speed was way faster this time.
AppleTV, it took 30 minutes.

Only "glitch" was on the iPhone where I had to manually re-sync my apps as oppose to the iPad where it was done automatically.

Oh yeah, I had 1 app that could not be reinstalled on the iPad. It was Marathon but I did not even bother to investigate.

VicoPad addict!

NRSNicky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started at 4:30pm yesterday and was finished by 6:30pm. No problems other than not connecting my USB sync cable directly into my PC. Used a USB hub and had a hardware error - but soon figured it out. Love this new operating system. Everything restored beautifully. :)

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't take long for me to download. absolutely love the new features, gestures, the split keyboard. But I don't have many friends that have an iPad/iPod to use the find my friends app. I've used it with my wife, but she was sitting next to me, lol.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just did my husbands iPhone, it took 20 minutes and updated flawlessly. How happy was I!!

Most reactions

Latest posts