What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fonts

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am coding HTML but need fonts on my iPad. How can I easily add a dozen or so, preferably for free?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to add fonts to the system fonts. There are some code editing apps that may have that ability, but I'm not sure.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the poet suggests, the iPad already has a wide range of fonts available. Do none of the existing ones suit your purpose?

iOS Fonts

Tim

OP
P

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As always, you have helped me. Thank you. I actually didn't know it had any fonts but coded in Georgia. If the code weren't broken, it would have shown and I would have known!

firemanprice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys and ladies, as you can tell I'm new to the iPad way of life. This may sound or read dumb but how do I change to one of those fonts Tim displayed ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean in the iPad Forum site? If you're using Safari and the ipadforums.net website, then there's a drop down menu in the Message or Quick Reply box with a range of fonts available there.

If you want to use fonts in, say, an email message then, although the iPad's Mail app can display a wide range of fonts, there's no way to generate a message from within Mail that uses anything other than the default font. However, there is a work around. Since Mail can display HTML coded messages, I use a third-party HTML editor and compose my message in there. Once it's finished, I simply copy-and-paste it into the Mail message box.

Tim

OP
P

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, since my original question dealt with coding HTML , I thought that was what you meant.

Most reactions

Latest posts