What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad carrier switch question

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning again forum -

I got my beloved iPad as a gift late last year. It is an ATT iPad, I have a Verizon BB. It is not connected to the network currently, I simply use WIFI.

I am wondering a few things -

Can I switch the iPad to Verizon via a chip or some other way?

I don't want two bills/two carriers so if not I may switch to ATT although the service is not as good and I would prefer to stay at Verizon where I have been for 10+ years...

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance

Reaction score
May I assume that you have an iPad 1. Those only work with GSM networks, as used by AT&T. There is no chance of getting Verizon 3G on that device, apart from using a Mifi.

iPad 2 works with Verizon, so depending on how important the network is, you may want to sell the old device and get an i2.

Last edited:
OP
NYC Adam

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are correct sir. That stinks. Ah well, how much are people getting for the largest capacity iPad 1 these days and where? Ebay?

Most reactions

Latest posts